Additional resources for all classes
Galleries to explore and enjoy!
Project ideas and cross-curricular learning
- Pack for home learning during school closure AS.pdf Cross-curricular projects, covering all the subjects we cover in school. In addition, there are helpful hints about what you should be doing to keep your writing/reading/calculating skills up to scratch.
- Microsoft Family Learning Lots of interesting activities that can be done at home
- Warwickshire Library Service Super resource for all sorts of home-learning activities, with weblinks and advice to serve all areas of the curriculum
Mindfulness and well-being
- Relax Kids Stay Calm booklet useful and timely support to calm children (and adults)
- Mindful Schools Fun and interactive mindfulness activities for primary-aged children (and their parents). Includes recent videos, approximately 25-30 minutes long. New videos being added regularly.
- Thrive Facebook page that devotes itself to nurturing and well-being. Contains activities, ideas, events. Connect with other like-minded people around the world.
- A Cosmic Kids Yoga Adventure! Interactive adventures that incorporate stories, yoga and fun! These yoga, mindfulness and relaxation sessions help to build strength, balance and confidence!
- Red Cross have produced a Kindness Calendar (see below) for children to record and reflect on their acts of kindness this holiday and beyond.
- 2019-the-green-leek-calculation-policy.pdf This is a comprehensive description of how we teach all four operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) for each year group. The document is divided into 4 main parts, one for each operation, then subdivided into the year groups, in order.
Third Space Learning is a wonderful web resource for all things mathematical. It has a range of home learning packs on a range of mathematical topics, with clear explanations (complete with pictures!) of the year-group expectations for mathematics, as well as very good descriptions of basic concepts in mathematics, up to and including Year 6.
Third Space Maths Hub Loads of games and activities for children (and adults!) of all ages
urBrainy Worksheet and online resources for all year groups. Presently available for free, just register
- National Curriculum Glossary List of important grammar terms for English (all year groups), and their meanings
- Audible Online audio books for all ages. Fantastic resource!
- National Literacy Trust All sorts of information and resources for reading, writing,.... for all age groups, for parents, children, teachers,...
- Royal Shakespeare Company Education Resources for all things Shakespeare
- Shakespeare Learning Zone More resources to support home-learning about Shakespeare
- David Walliams Extracts read from his books, daily
- Story Time From Space A range of stories read by real astronauts on board the ISS in space. Check it out!
- For parents: RSC at home Watch broadcasts of RSC productions for 30 days free. Dates and titles still to be confirmed (requires payment information upfront)
- 30 Days Wild Daily activities to discover and enjoy the natural world around you. Start with a minibeast spotter or some nature poetry.
- STEM Home Learning activities. Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths activities, for all ages!!! Super website resources!!
- NASA Youtube website, full of videos and information on NASA's latest activities
- Ranger Rick (National Wildlife Federation (USA)): wildlife information, games, quizzes,.... (3 months' free - ask an adult before signing up)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live webcams of sea otters, sharks and jellyfish (among others) from this aquarium in California
- San Diego Zoo Live webcams of a wide range of animals from the San Diego Zoo
- Curiosity Rover Mars mission Animations and images from Mars from the Curiosity Rover mission
- May 18 was International Museum Day. Wander through a museum each day on these virtual tours (click here) and begin to plan for a real visit some day soon.
- Free art workshops given by Helen Elliott, accessed through her GWYC (Give What You Can) website. Also a hub for art tutorial videos, live demos, worksheets downloads, & art resources for children and adults (comes highly recommended by a parent in our Federation)
- Dancing to art A wonderful video of 4 dancers responding to works of Art in Tate Britain. You might want to try something similar at home.
- How to draw a winding road An easy to follow demonstration of how to draw a winding road using the rules of perspective. Have a go!
- Origami Fun Plenty of origami shapes to make, with instructions
- Easy Origami Fish Youtube plus links to many other origami websites and videos
Keep folding!!! Remember: each origami shape begins with a square.
DT - Creation Station
- Build your own bug house A simple video on how to create your very own bug house using recycled items. You could take the idea in this video and adapt it to make it your very own design! (Stay safe: adult supervision required)
- Make your own bird kite A simple tutorial on how to make a charming bird kite at home using just a household few items. (Stay safe: adult supervision required)
- Craft your very own dragon blower toy Another easy to follow tutorial on how to make a creative Dragon Blower Toy using recycled household items. You could even adapt this idea and create your very own mythical creature - perhaps they could breath ice or water instead? (Stay safe: adult supervision required)
Virtual Competition - Week Beginning 29th June
Virtual Competition ( Week commencing 22nd June)
As it is National School Sports week, we are holding a Virtual Sports Day. You can choose day to complete as many challenges as you like or spread the challenges out over the week. The challenges are below.
The deadline to enter these competitions has passed but you can still have fun trying the challenges!
Virtual competition - Basketball results
For this competition we had 13 entries.
This placed us
6th in Central Warwickshire
43th in the county
Well done to our participants!
Virtual competition - Dance results
There were 4 entries for this competition.
5th in Central Warwickshire
35th in the county.
A huge WELL DONE to the children who sent in videos!
Virtual competition - Tennis results
For this competition we had 16 entries, which gave us a total of 11%.
Our position on the Central Warwickshire Primary Schools table is 4th and we were 26th out of all the primary schools in Warwickshire.
Well done to all our competitors!
Virtual competition - Cricket results
Here are the results for the virtual cricket competition. The tables shows the top ten primary schools in Central Warwickshire. To work out the %, the number of entries is divided by the number of pupils in the school and multiplied by 100.
Our position in the whole of Warwickshire for this competition was 27th.
|number of entries||% result|
|St Augustine’s Catholic Primary||40||19.4|
|Priors Field Primary||30||14.4|
|Warwick Junior School||21||8.3|
|St Nicholas C of E primary school||32||7.7|
|Long Itchington Primary||14||7.4|
|All Saints Academy||9||6.3|
|St Margarets C of E junior school||20||5.6|
|St Patrick's Catholic Primary||6||3.2|
Virtual competition - athletic results
Further information about the Virtual Competition:
- Joe Wicks Live Mon-Fri 9:00 Half hour workout
- A-Z Fitness Challenge from Your School Games. New letter added each day!
- Disney Dance Alongs Fitness exercises to your favourite Disney songs
- Les Mills Fitness Free access to 100+ workouts for all ages
- School of Parkrun For you Parkrunners out there, daily tasks in Maths, English, Art, Science and Geography!
- Youth Sports Trust An great resource with ideas and routines to stay active at home
- Sport England Movement and physical routines for home-learning environment
- Think Active Encouragement and advice for staying active
- Change4Life Games and activities to keep us moving
- NHS Advice Guidelines for physical activity in children and young people
- real PE Resources for families to stay active
- fit2dance Dance routine to 'The Chocolate Song'
- Jewish Museum A fantastic online resource (and a great museum!) with weekly focus for each Key Stage, photos and videos, and suggested related activities.
- All Saints' Easter performance Watch the Year3/Year4 performance of the Easter story at the church, recorded just before we broke up. Many thanks to all who were involved in putting this together!
- Canterbury Diocese Collective worship books, introducing William and Lucy, who organise worship in their primary school (like our GLOW team!). Lovely resources to share, adults and children alike. Books can be downloaded from this website.
- Fischy Music Assembly Fischy Music have recorded an ‘assembly at home’. If you love to sing songs and dance, this is for you!
- Find your Carrots A brand new podcast from a father and son, hoping to bring a bit of silliness and fun into the world when it might need it most. Not worship based, but encourages children to find kindness, find the best in each situation and spread positivity.
- Guildford Diocese Some super acts of worship that have been written especially for families to work through together at home.
- Diddy disciples – Worship and Bible storytelling resources for babies, toddlers and young children. There are several episodes that are about 8 minutes long each.
- Prayer Spaces at Home Prayer activities on Twitter
- All Saints' is an ICON School, part of the International Cross of Nails network of schools, here in the UK and across the world. Below are a few resources sent by the ICONS office at Coventry Cathedral to support our continued work of Peace and Reconciliation in our school and community:
Further RE activities
Topic (History and Geography)
- BBC Bitesize Videos and games for French learning
- BBC Teach More videos for KS2 French learning
- France Today Interactive map of France, linked to beautiful photos and articles about France.
Other Home Learning resources (across the curriculum)
Premier League Primary Stars A range of challenges and fun activities across the curriculum
Home Learning Activity packs Three separate packs: Early Years, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. Easy to use activities and challenges, to revise and embed curriculum learning at home