Ash Class (Years 1 and 2)
Welcome to Ash Class!
Our teacher is Mrs Scimeca and our teaching assistants are Mrs Stranks and Mrs Hayes.
KS1 Topic Plans
Year 1 Class work Suggested work to be completed for Year 1 children from the Oak National Academy
Year 2 Class Work Suggested work to be completed for Year 2 children from the Oak National Academy
Additional structured lessons
White Rose Further maths activities and problem solving challenges. Choose your year-group from the drop-down boxes (powerpoint only).
BBC Bitesize New online learning materials for each day in all subjects, with videos, activities and puzzles. Click on your year-group from the selection, then choose the desired subject area.
Year 1 and 2 common exception words to learn
Reading and Comprehension Exercises
Reading Inference and Writing
Look carefully at these pictures and read the brief descriptions.
What does they make you feel? What do you notice in the pictures?
Choose one picture and create a story, using the image and text to inspire you.
Further Reading activities - Year 1
Further Reading activities - Year 2
Times-tables (Year 2)
Remember to practise your times-tables every day, a little bit at a time, in this order:
2x, 5x, 10x, (11x, 3x, 4x)
Use these weblinks to help you learn your times-tables by heart.
- Mathletics Keep visiting!
- Mathsframe Multiplication Tables Check (change times tables and time), plus other games and activities
- Timestables.co.uk Multiplication Tables Check,
- urbrainy Multiplication Tables Check (gives average times for answers and accuracy measure). Some other parts of the website you have to pay for, but this part is free.
- hitthebutton Topmarks maths website, with plenty of times-tables games to do
- ttrockstars Times-table practice at your fingertips
Other maths-based websites
- numbots Addition and subtraction activities and games. Log in as a school using our postcode CV357QR, then as a pupil using your TT Rockstars log in.
Additional Maths activities - Year 1
2D shape chick cutting skills wooksheets
Snakes and Ladders Addition to 20 Board Game
One More and One Less Maths Mastery Game
Additional Maths activities - Year 2
The Mystery at the Grand Portrait Gallery Maths Game
Snakes and Ladders with 2, 3 and 5 times tables board game