Wise Class (Year 6)
Key Stage 2 Topic
What we are learning in school this week
Year 6 work submitted from home
Daily learning tasks for English and Mathematics
Oak National Academy
Year 6 Class work Suggested work to be completed for Year 6 children from the Oak National Academy
Additional Structured Lessons
White Rose Further maths activities and problem solving challenges. Choose your year-group from the drop-down boxes (powerpoint only).
BBC Bitesize New online learning materials for each day in all subjects, with videos, activities and puzzles. Click on your year-group from the selection, then choose the desired subject area.
Reading and Comprehension Exercises
Grammar and Punctuation Assessments
Additional English resources
- Year 5/6 Reading checklist. Expectations for the end of Years 5 and 6
- Year 6 Writing checklist. Expectations for the end of Year 6
- Spelling Frame for spelling games and activities
- Topmarks For Spelling and Grammar exercises
Remember to practise your times-tables every day, a little bit at a time, in this order:
2x, 5x, 10x, 11x, 3x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 9x, 7x
Use these weblinks to help you learn your times-tables by heart to 12 x 12.
- Mathletics Keep visiting!
- ttrockstars Times-table practice at your fingertips
- Mathsframe Multiplication Tables Check (change times tables and time), plus other games and activities
- Timestables.co.uk Multiplication Tables Check,
- urbrainy Multiplication Tables Check (gives average times for answers and accuracy measure). Some other parts of the website you have to pay for, but this part is free.
- hitthebutton Topmarks maths website, with plenty of times-tables games to do
Additional Maths Resources
- Year 6 Maths I can statements. These are the expectations for the end of Year 6 in Maths
- Oxford Owl Many games and activites to keep your maths brain active!
- urbrainy Home Study Packs Free with registration
- Math Playground lots of fun games and activities to support your maths learning
- Topmarks Maths For maths games and activities
- BBC Bitesize Games (e.g. Guardians: Defenders of Mathematica) and guides about a variety of mathematical topics